Tuesday 26 June 2007

Add to Technorati Favorites

LK Today - Working Mums - Bigotry

I listened to interest to LK today this morning as I sat tapping into my computer. There was a lady whose name I do not remember, (and would prefer not to remember anyway), who was vociferous in her views. She actively avoided employing women who may end up having babies.
As in theory this applies to any woman who has not completed the menopause it does seem rather dangerous to attack such a large proportion of the working population.

There is a huge number of employable people who are reliable but require flexibility and in return the employer will be rewarded by loyal staff who will be with them for many years.

Successful companies, whether they are small or large, know they need to look outside the box and offer time share, flexible working, maybe not for everyone but for some personnel. Surely whoever you employ, whether they are old, young, male or female you want them to be reliable and a pleasure to work with. And if they stay a few years so much the better.

Lets face it, it is not just women with young children who may need extra support - none of us know what crisis is lurking round the corner.

I am not about to have any more children and my kids are in their teens, but I don't think I would like to work for an organisation who was not family friendly. - It tells me these organisations don't value their staff.

I bet if you would also find the staff turnover would be higher than those with a more proactive attitude to the challenges their staff present to them, whether that happened to include little bundles of joy or more serious problems.

Http://www.helpforbusymums.com/Coaching-to-help- busy-Parents.html offers business coaching for working parents.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home