Thursday 3 May 2007

Add to Technorati Favorites

How to find solutions to problems

I have just sent out my monthly Busy Mums Bulletin. It is always an opportunity to have a think and try and put something which I think people like me may find useful and informative.

I thought it might be useful to put this excerpt into my the Busy Mums Blogg - for my entry today. You never know someone somewhere with a problem may find it a good way of tackling something which to date they have drawn a blank with.

I was once away at sales conference and speaking to a very successful man. And when I say successful - he seemed very financially successful to me, but more importantly, successful in the personal sense. He was self assured with clear personal values and integrity. Someone who I had a real sense of admiration for on many levels.

This prompted me to ask him what was his secret of success. He said to me "Recognise that every problem has not one solution but many - it will open up your life"

I have always remembered that and I really do now try hard to adopt that philosphy, when I come up against some problem or challenge.

I write down the problem and then all of the solutions I can think of. It does not matter how stupid or outrageous the solutions are - I write them down anyway.

I am not quite sure what happens - but this somehow seems to open up another creative window in my mind and from that appears even more solutions I had not thought of before. The end result, is a path I had not considered, or a "combination solution" which I would not have thought of, if I had not taken these steps. I owe that man a big thank you for his advice.

So next time you have a problem or challenge. It does not matter what area of your life it is - it could be work, relationships, money, or your family....

Try it - it works.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home