Wednesday 27 June 2007

Add to Technorati Favorites

Paris Hilton and the floods and how she can help young women

http://www.helpforbusymums.com from the website that helps busy mums.

As I was sitting eating my breakfast this morning I watched the pictures of flooding in South Yorkshire and the Midlands in horror. How would I feel if my house flooded?
Yes houses and areas of the UK have flooded before, but the scale of this seems immense and the possibility of a reservoir being breached and the damage that would result, seems catastrophic in proportion. I wondered what I would try and salvage.

This footage was immediately followed by an apology from Fiona Phillips on behalf of GMTV, who apparently had cut their news report the previous day to go live to the US and show Paris Hilton being released from jail.

There had been a number of complaints about whether under the circumstances this
was really very appropriate. I may not have complained - but I do agree with the feelings of those who do. Cutting from disaster to show triviality does appear a trifle insensitive!

And yet, sadly, I know my teenage daughters who love fashion and are intrigued by celebrities life styles, would have watched the Paris Hilton news item with interest.

Now wouldn't it be good, if Paris Hilton keeps the vows she made when she was released yesterday from prison and use her celebrity to do some good for others.

That would be such an great example to her followers. Lets just hope that makes the news too ......although it may not be so newsworthy. but given her reputation and fame, it would influence many other young girls for the better I am sure.

So come on Paris start using your privilege and fame to set a good example to young women and how someone like you, if you put your mind to it can make a real difference.

Http://www.helpforbusymums.com
The website to save Busy Mums time.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home