Friday 29 June 2007

Add to Technorati Favorites

Yesterday I put on my blog a list of fruit and veg which count as five per day. Today here are some further ideas of how you can make fruit and veg fun to eat.

Hope you find it helpful

More tips on getting our five fruit and veg a day

So how can we make sure we all get our quota.

Finger foods are popular with adults and children. Encourage fruit to be eaten at breakfast. Either on cereal or as finger food.

Any left overs can be saved for afternoon snacks later or packed up to be eaten later at lunchtime. (Banana's and apples may need a squeeze of lemonjuice to stop them discolourng.)

Chops up bananas, apples, or seasonal fruits. Supermarkets also sell a wide range of frozen fruit like pineapple.

What to do with that rotting fruit.

SAM'S TOP TIP

I have a very simple suggestion that I have found to work at getting pretty much ANY kid to eat fruit! Thankfully my little boy is not a fussy eater at all but some of his pals are!

If like me you find yourself chucking out fruit that goes off before anyone gets round to eating it, instead chuck it all in the blender - soft fruits & the juice from oranges work best if you are wanting something quick & easy but other fruit like apples can be cooked first.

I mix in a little honey if it needs sweetening but usually find that with pineapples, mangos, peaches and such like it is sweet enough. If I have yoghurts that are nearly out of date then they go in too. Basically make a smoothie or a juice drink out of anything you fancy.

Then pour the mixture into lolly moulds & freeze.

FRUITY POPS are the most fave pudding in our house!

Hope that might be useful - very simple I know but then I always find that best.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home