Thursday 26 July 2007

Add to Technorati Favorites

The good thing about Floods

I am normally so profound but this is my thought for the day.

I am lucky enough (at the moment anyway) not to have been flooded out like many people throughout the UK seem to have been this summer. Sometimes it isn't till we lose something which we have taken for granted that we start to appreciate how lucky we were - or indeed are.



My husband's family live in Gloucester and although none of them have been flooded nearly all are currently without water. It seems like a real team effort is going on up there to help each other out and serve the wider community.

My Mum is always telling me that this was what it was like during the war....

The thing is that now most of the time we are just busy doing our own thing and it isn't until a crisis occurs either to us, or someone we know that we jump into action.

Sometimes such a small act of kindness or thoughtfulness can bring unexpected pleasure to the giver as much as the receiver.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home